04 February 2007

Another day, another tie

I've been pretty quiet since the Manchester game and in all honesty, there isn't much to talk about.

As usual... we've had lots of tied games puncuated by, well more tied games. We are a team that ties indiscriminately. We tie teams at the top of the table (Chelsea), teams at the bottom of the table (Middlesborough), and teams in between (Tottenham). We tie teams in every cup competition we play in. We tie teams on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

And it is frustrating. But then I root for Arsenal, and therefore will always have to deal with ties.


Anyhow... in other news. Robbie Savage broke his leg just a few weeks after his play acting at the Grove. Do I feel sorry for him? Not in the slightest. Ashley C*le has also racked up an injury, something I'm sure that all other Gunners I know snickered about. In one of those tied games I was speaking of, Senderos got a red card, which of course brings a 3 game ban, something else we need of course. It's also being reported that Wegner is going to let our youngsters play Chelsea in the Carling Cup final. I have mixed feelings about this, but I guess we can only wait for the result to see how this gamble pays off.

Really the only thing to look forward to is that Gallas, Diaby, Eboue, Baptista, Hleb will all be back in action soon.

I know I haven't written a note in a while but it's just been a bad combination of being/pretending to be busy and having crap games to talk about. We generally follow up tied games with excellent games or losses to terrible teams. We're playing Wigan next week, so unfortunately I'm afraid it could be the latter. Here's to kicking Chelsea's tail in the Carling Cup.

No comments: