21 January 2007

Giggs and Ronaldo cry and Van Persie has a broken foot

How good am I? I totally predicted the correct final score, as well as who would score one of the goals. It was a pretty balanced game, minus the last 10 minutes where we pwned Manchester. Some notes of interest:

Ryan Giggs cries almost as much as Ronaldo, seriously, grow a backbone.

Ronaldo got a yellow card for arguing with Toure, which was pretty much the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while. Then he got taken off in the last few minutes in order to prevent further rows. He managed to hold back tears until he got into the locker room.

Eboue still continues to show signs of not being as dependable as we'd like. I'd like to see less hacking and more depth of play. Overall our backline is just SO young. Clichy is 21, Senderos is 21, Toure is 25, Eboue is 23. I really think this is our worst weakness, and I'll feel much more comfortable with Gallas back.

Wayne Rooney is a monster that looks like he eats small children for breakfast. Do any of my Manchester friends know why they have him stuck out wide? I personally like it because it means he scores less, but from y'alls point of view I'd want him front and center where he could do more damage. That said, his goal tonight was pretty... but I'll only admit that because we won.

I'm a bit concerned about the commentators on FSN. They incorrectly identified Van Persie as Fabregas at least once, and cited a few questionable statistics. However, they did call Adebayor's legs telescopic... which is by far the best description I've heard to date.

Finally, the worst news is that Van Persie evidently broke a metatarsel in his right foot "celebrating" his goal. How do you break a bone by celebrating a goal? This means 6 weeks out of commission, not something we need if we're going to close the gap between us and Liverpool.

No comments: